Friday, July 5, 2019

J.T.
21-15-9 reps for time of:
Handstand push-ups
Bar dips
Push-ups

19:59

Notes: This workout packs a huge punch to the upper-body pressing muscles. The limiting factor is typically muscular failure, due to the high-degree of interference between movements. This workout is deceiving and the best strategy for most athletes, is to break the reps up from onset and potentially do no more than 1/3 of your max reps in any single set. The limiting factor for me was definitely the dips. I could hardly string together more than 3-4 reps any set and did not manage my rest effectively. The later sets of HSPU were taxing and my rest periods got away from me. This was my slowest JT by over 3 minutes -- I was still wiped from the almost 5000m on the SkiErg Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment