Thursday, January 21, 2021

Crossfit | 210120
7 rounds for time of:
Row 100(F) / 150(M) meters in as few pulls as possible
After each row, perform 1 bodyweight front squat for each pull taken — e.g., if it takes 12 pulls on the rower, complete 12 front squats before starting the next round. Reset the rower prior to each round.

Scaling:
This workout encourages hard pulls on the rower. Increase the damper setting and slow your cadence to minimize the number of pulls each round. Choose a front-squat weight that is heavy but can be completed unbroken when fresh. 

Before I did this I saw a post from @garageathlete that suggested turning the damper down to 1 for minimum drag as a low DF = a fast flywheel. Tried it both ways in my warmup and opted for minimum drag (damper 1). 

22:37 @ 165-pounds (2/3 bodyweight)

7-7-7-7-7-6-6 pulls on the rower 

I wanted to get 6 pulls each round, but was left short on a couple of rounds by just 1m. The front squat weight felt right as I was able to keep each round unbroken. Bar was taken from ground since I was at No Excuses for this workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment